Advertising that is designed to fit in with the environment in which it is served is native advertising. Ads that fit in. Rather than trying to put a round peg in a square hole, the ads are catered to where they are displayed.
If you are new to native advertising, here are some articles we’d recommend:
- Best Branded Content & Native Advertising Examples of 2022
- Glossary of native advertising terms
- How to Win at Native Advertising Before You’ve Even Started
- 103 Native Advertising Tools
- Why Real-Time Analytics are Vital for Your Native Advertising Campaigns
- Native Advertising Analytics
- 5 Tips to Optimize Native Content Campaigns on the fly
There are numerous types of native advertising in the IAB Native Advertising Playbook. The most common is a dynamic text & image based ad unit, which flexes to adjust to the ad environment.
You might ask, what are the differences between:
- Native Advertising vs Banner Ads
- Native Advertising vs Branded Content
- Programmatic vs Native Advertising
Native content is a type of native advertising that is often referenced to in the native advertising mix. This is where a whole piece of content, whether video or article, or even both is served inside a publishers environment. This is also referred to in the industry as custom content, paid content, sponsored content or even branded content. Publishers have adopted many terms, to help differentiate their ad product in the market.
For more posts on native content:
- A Native Content 101
- What is Native Content Advertising?
- How do you define Native Content?
- What are the common Native Content Formats?
- What are Native Content Best Practices?
- 3 Tips to Improve your Native Content
- How you use native content in your marketing funnel?
- How B2B Brands Win at Native Content
- 5 Tips to optimize Native Content Campaigns on the fly
- How to sell native content
- Native Content: Sponsored Content Hubs
Analytics plays a crucial role in driving the performance of native advertising. Consider using a platform like Nudge to get the most out of your investments.