Defining success is ground in your content marketing strategy. What is it we are doing and why are we doing it. Then measuring success, gets a lot easier.
Of the content marketing metrics, some that should help inform if your content is doing the work it should be is:
- Attention, how long people are engaging for each click.
- Average Scroll, how are customers consuming the page and content.
- Engagement rate, what customers do on the page, and if they click out, to make a purchase, or sign up to webinar etc.
- Conversion rate, rate at which people take the desired action.
- Bounce rate, are people staying, but use a bounce rate that captures if people leave even without clicking a link. Like Nudge does.
These quality metrics help you understand if the content is working like it should. Underpinning these, is of course, making sure you are reaching enough people.
As without reach, your content can’t do its work. So do keep that in mind.
This is part of our Guide to Content Marketing Analytics.