I thoroughly enjoyed the Slade and BuzzFeed pieces, give them a read, or a save for later.
ALSO, Nudge is making a strategist available, for those who need some help, starting, growing or being smarter with content investments. Email Gustaf for more info.
Notable stories this week
- SnapChat approves branded content ads for publishers. Related, each SnapChat update attracts new users.
- BuzzFeed’s Jonah Peretti: Platforms need to pay publishers or risk regulation. Newsfeed revenue isn’t split, only the articles or watch. BuzzFeed would like to see some split there. > Very interesting.
- Reddit to launch native ads.
- Enjoyed this from Jim Rund, keep in mind performance when evaluating fraud. A nudge to not get too caught in the details and forget what you’re trying to achieve.
- Jon Slade at FT talks about publishing future. Really enjoyed this.
- [Tactics] Why retargeting is an easy way to achieve performance with native.
- The story of the modern cross functional sales process.
- B2B Publisher SourceMedia takes a targeted approach to branded content.
- Pressboard digs into, how to seamlessly mention your brand in sponsored content.
Campaign of the Week
- Bushmills on Munchies this week, planning out your St Patricks day with guides for right across the country. Some classics in here.
- MailChimp on Vox, the myth of nature’s second brain explained. Interesting, on brand for MailChimp, and in front of the right audience. Good to see Vox getting traction with their explainer video format. Watch out for ‘manage the back end of your small business’.
Datapoints of note
- More than half the briefs that come in to FT are for branded content.
- [NY Content Dinner] If you’re in NY in April, we’re hosting another content dinner, let me know if you’d like to join. I’ll add you to the invite list.
Make your content work harder.
Nudge is a content marketing analytics platform that drives performance for leading brand advertisers and premium publishers. Request a demo.