One big thing
Given the post Labor Day rush and short week this week is a bit lighter.
We also shared our progress in a special edition if you’d like to take a peek.
Notable stories this week
- Sara Fischer calls it the Brexit Bump, FT profits $8.15m revenue up 65% YOY, mirrored by success with Guardian and News UK.
- Contently welcomes a new CEO, Pearl Collings for the next phase growth. An exciting development and good to see.
- Outbrain integrates with Google Display & Video 360.
- Digiday gets into product placement revenues, “‘Rainy day and sunny day money’”.
- [Long read] From content to experience to context – a buzzword debate that actually matters.
- Local Media released its branded content whitepaper, you can download it here.
- Podcast startup apparently didn’t raise $100m? Axios digs in.
Campaign of the week
- Discover the treasures of Slovenia, by I Feel Slovenia on NYT. A visually attractive piece which blends great storytelling with compelling imagery and videos. But overall, why is this a good piece? Because after reading it, you want to go to Slovenia.
- Showtime on The Daily Beast with a piece called Who rises to the top of a pyramid scheme? A piece which effectively shines a light on Showtime’s new series, “On Becoming A God in Central Florida”, and links through to the brand site throughout the article.
- Submit your own and view the best campaigns of 2019.
- “Content is a more complicated challenge than anyone realizes. It’s one thing to create a great Instagram video, one solid sales deck, or a single one-sheet. It’s an entirely other thing to create consistent, high-quality content that ladders up to business goals across all of your channels, lines of business, and geographies. Very few brands have figured it out—a big reason that the top 5 percent of branded content drives 90 percent of all engagement.” –Pearl Collings, CEO, Contently
And ICYMI, don't forget to nab a call with me during office hours here.
The easiest way to make your marketing more efficient.
Nudge is built by marketers and aims to serve brands investing in content-based media, across any category, looking to illustrate ROI, generate deep performance insights, and save time.