A week of announcements & partnerships this week, from Yahoo to Taboola & AdYouLike. It’s a great sign of maturity in the industry, as the bulge of the adoption curve adopts native, integrations are vital.
Also want to shout out to a friends company, Brand Brief, they’re letting you run influencer campaigns from your phone. Neat stuff.
Notable Stories this Week
- Although the FTC works with publishers, it has never penalized a media company with a fine. “If they are creating the sponsored content, then yes, we will begin looking at them,” said Mary Engle, head of the FTC’s Advertising Practices Division.
- How native affects radio, a good write up.
- [From us] How to Optimize Native Content Campaigns on the fly.
- Taboola + LiveIntent partner to deliver native units to email and help Taboola with device IDs. Smart move on both sides, we see newsletter distribution works really well. Will report back once we get some data.
- PulsePoint, Brax & BidTellect become Yahoo Gemini preferred partners.
- AdYouLike inks deal with Trinity Mirror.
- LinkedIn launches lead forms.
- Time Inc launching its own influencer network.
Campaign of the Week
- I found this on Mel’s newsletter [also worth a subscribe]. Learn how to take amazing product photos with just your phone, Weebly & Brit+Co. Using content to offer an invite to their free class on product photos. I like it.
- Tropicana on T Brand Studio, they weave Terroir into the narrative, something I’ve not heard associated with juice – but nice work showing how a story helps elevate a brand.
- [On every publishers mind right now] “There is a lot of heavy lifting with sponsored content, and we are vetting ways to get better – what sponsored content works best and automating it using the data operations team we have in place. That’s the next step in the evolution.” – Jay Glogovsky, Vice director of revenue operations
- [From DigiDay] “Latency is absolutely a problem but it’s not one that one publisher can solve on their own. There are so many areas of the business that create the problem.”
Datapoints of Note
- More than 80% of affluent millennial internet users in India want branded content, compared with 73% worldwide.
- 58% of native advertising sales is Sponsorship/Flat fee. Via a DigiDay Native piece for Nativo.
Events & Webinars
- How Entertainment Brands are Winning at Native, featuring an Amazon + Variety case study.