A summary of research and statistics the establish how content marketing drives return on investment (ROI). These are filtered from our wider post on how consumers react to content and how it impacts business.
Nudge has a marketing analytics platform If you’re looking for a tool to help you measure content ROI.
- The conversion rate of the native ads and branded content that dealt with sports and included detailed information on each player and country’s team was higher than the conversion of any other content that briefly reported on the highlights of the World Cup. – Adweek (October 11, 2019)
- Parsley produces 46% less content than in the previous 6 months, but have increased monthly views and visitors by about 25%. – Search Engine Land (July 23, 2019)
- Fullscreen proves that social branded content drives purchases, Consumers exposed to the branded posts bought the advertised product at a 1.5 – 5.2% higher rate than control audiences. And, the group of people that had not only seen the posts but also engaged with them (liked, commented, shared, etc.) bought the advertised product at a 58% higher rate than those who were exposed but didn’t engage. – kidscreen (May 22, 2019)
- Nativo says effective content marketing is able to achieve five-times more conversions than traditional display retargeting – MediaPost (April 22, 2019)
- Viewers of branded content were 62 percent more likely to show a positive reaction compared with those who watched 30-second ads. – AdAge (November 19, 2018)
- Those who viewed branded content were 17 percent more likely to say that they were “very likely” to buy the brand being advertised.
- Turns out even advertisers actively avoid ads. Yep, even their own. 98% stream ad-free content and 27% report using ad blockers. But since 96% prefer articles to banners, there’s hope for us content folks yet! – MarTech (September 21, 2018)
- From Comscore Data on Nativo: when a user visits the Nativo marketplace, they spend an average 59 seconds per page, compared to 46 seconds for Facebook. Read the post for more datapoints on comparatives with other native players. – GlobeNewsWire (June 11, 2018)
- Content makes consumers 131% more likely to buy. – Twitter (June 6, 2018)
- Via Reuters Content Connect II Report, 77% of global consumers expect to see more personalized content in the future. – Reuters (May 9, 2018)
- Also, 63% of consumers agree that personally relevant content improves how they feel about the brand associated with it.
- And 58% see brands in a more positive light if they provide them with content that match their interests.
- Further global consumers consider sponsored content more appealing if it is thought provoking (64%), imaginative (58%), humorous (55%) and innovative (51%). – PRNewswire (May 9, 2018)
- Stash saw more than 5% of sponsored content readers made a deposit (i.e. converted) in their recent program. – MediaPost (April 5, 2018)
- While viewing branded influencer videos, 93% of the time consumers’ eyes were locked on the content; this is 30% higher than the experience viewing a brand pre-roll ad. – Media Play News (April 3, 2018)
- This high attention correlated to 2x higher levels of brand recall.
- Branded content has 69% unaided awareness and 51% persuasion, in a recent IPSOS + Polar report. – Marketing Land (August 18, 2017)
- A Nativo & comScore study explored the pairing of native ads pair with on-site branded content. The results, the pairing drives an increase in unaided awareness 11%, online ad recall 18% and purchase intent 13%. – MediaPost (August 4, 2017)
- Time Inc study reveals 2/3 consumers trust branded content more than traditional advertising. – MediaPost (June 30, 2017)
- ^The same study concluded that 92% believe brands have expertise on topics and add value to content.
- 89% believe custom content is a great way for brands to break through the clutter.
- 88% indicating that custom content feels like a good way for new brands it hasn’t heard of to reach them.
- 90% of those polled like the idea of custom content as a way for brands to engage them.
- 84% agreeing that custom content is a way for brands to engage them, and 72% wanting video and infographics to better explore a story or data.
- 1/3 of millennials have purchased from a brand after seeing a sponsored post. – Business Insider (May 22, 2017)
- Media companies social branded content posts, grew 77% in the last 6 months – Purecontent (May 18, 2017)
- Readiness to buy increases by 50% (breakdown by vertical) – Native Advertising Institute (February 10, 2017)