The newsletter has grown quite a bit in the last six months. ?
However, some of the new folks don’t necessarily know what Nudge does.
Quick pitch from me then,
Nudge is a content marketing analytics platform that drives performance for leading brand advertisers and premium publishers. It provides transparency and intelligence for brands seeking to understand, optimize and maximize return on their content investment across multiple publishing partners. Nudge provides verified measurement to empower publishers to drive revenue and scale their branded content businesses.
And that’s why I do this newsletter, to help sort through the noise.
As the industry continues to evolve, I would love your feedback on this should evolve too.
Notable stories this week
- An insider’s account of the booming business where ads want to be journalism, sort of. [it’s worth the free optin]
- If Google is search and Facebook is social, we want to be about discovery, The Drum interviews Taboola CEO Adam Singolda.
- Snap lays off two dozen employees from its branded content teams.
- We need to look beyond clicks measured engagement and cost per engagement, great opinion piece on NAI.
- Swedish native company Strossle releases the best performing native ads from last year, they look so idyllic.
- 36 native advertising predictions for the year, via NAI.
- “High viewability and click-through rates on ad-units are great but mean little if users leave the promoted content before reading or watching it.” –Justin Farber, Senior Account Manager, InPowered
Datapoints of note
- Taboola’s self serve advertising has hit a $100m run rate.
- T Brand Studio did nearly $50m in its third year.
- [24th Jan] PulsePoint + Gemini are doing a webinar on native & content marketing.
- [26th Jan] Webby entry deadline is coming around fast week; ICYMI: there is a branded content section.
- [24th April] Social Media Week, NYC, with a branded content focus.