Thanks to a recently cleared visa, I am now able to make it to Cannes. LMK if you’re there!
Interesting feedback around, most creative executions last week. Will look to surface a list in the near future.
Notable Stories this Week
- How Vice plans to prove to advertisers that its branded content works.
- Lots of chat with FTC issuing notices to influencers. Instagram will have this wrapped up shortly with similar guidelines to the Facebook branded content – where you link the partner/brand. Facebook slowly but surely making steps to own more of the revenue flowing via influencers on the platform.
- Facebook refunds advertisers after finding new measurement bug.
- Rocket Fuel launches AI based native advertising.
- Does branded content really work?
- After being wooed by Medium, some publishers are beginning to leave.
- Social Native raises $8m. Co-founder of Buddy Media & co-creator of Adsense.
Campaign of the Week
- With summer finally here in NY, Apartment Therapy’s Should I rent out my place whilst I go on vacation is very timely.
- Less is more with branded content. “Publishers don’t always need to heavily incorporate brand messaging and products to make an impact for the advertiser,”… …“When it come to branded content, your strategies should have a mix of different types of content—pure awareness content and sponsored editorial.” – Greg Bella, Polar.
Datapoints of note
- Via the Polar + IPSOS Connect study. Consumer awareness of a brand increased to 69% after engaging with branded content, while purchase intent was 51%.
- Incorporating companion display ads next to branded content improved purchase intent by 17%.
- And (counter to popular belief) “When we looked at differences between desktop and mobile, the overall trend is desktop outperforms mobile..
- [June 8] NativeAdTalks hits London! Massive. A great line up, join the team and share with your colleagues, if there’s demand we’ll do more.
That’s it, thanks for reading.