The sprint towards the end of the year has speed up this week – making for a quieter week.
I love the stance that Patagonia has taken, in that brands need to stand for something – and internally we were talking about how ‘safe’ everyone tends to play it. Agree/not agree with them, at least they’re a stance. Content.
Notable Stories this Week
- CNN releases research into optimizing branded content.
- Publishers see traction in branded podcasts.
- How an airline used infographics to make their travel programme more accessible. A nice step by step case study.
- Resurface your best tunes of 2017 with Spotify’s yearly wrapped. A great brand content opportunity.
- TripleLift partners with AdRoll.
Campaign of the Week
- Diamond mining comes of age, by Real is Rare with T Brand Studio. It feels like a brief ‘national geographic’ segment but online.
Datapoints of note
- CNN found that nearly 80% of consumers are familiar with branded content, and (lucky for us) across generations, they like it.
- 63% of those whom CNN surveyed favor inspirational content.
Our friend of our used to head up research & insights at a top tier super cool, Brooklyn based publisher. They did a phenomenal job of turning analytics in to a profit centre is looking for new opportunities. Ping me if you’d like an intro.
We’re also looking for an Account Associate to join the team.
Finally, we’re putting the final touches on the Best Native of 2017 post, please reply with any submissions.