Advantages of content marketing:
- Low cost to entry (but effort to excel)
- Low to zero ongoing cost to keep doing content marketing
- Building marketing assets that work 24/7 365 days a year.
- Build awareness of your brand and cut through the noise
- Enhance differentiation and preference for your offering
- Direct engagement with customers
- It exists close to the purchase journey
- Positions as a market leader
There is more on the advantages (and disadvantages of content marketing).
The common challenges of content marketing:
- How to create good/effective content
- Getting enough eyeballs on the content, or distributing the content
- Driving ROI from content marketing
Analytics plays a key role in each of these challenges, to provide that feedback loop. Metrics that help with this,
- Reach, how many people are we getting in front of
- Attention, how long people are engaging for each click.
- Average Scroll, how are customers consuming the page and content.
- Engagement rate, what customers do on the page, and if they click out, to make a purchase, or sign up to webinar etc.
- Conversion rate, rate at which people take the desired action.
- Bounce rate, are people staying, but use a bounce rate that captures if people leave even without clicking a link. Like Nudge does.
This is part of our Guide to Content Marketing