Cannes is creeping up, lmk if you’d like to meet. The team have lots of littles goodies yet to be released to the public eye – which we’d love to share.
#NativeAdChats is also up, join for the in-between chats.
- Google will help publishers prepare for a home ad blocker coming next year. Will block own subsidiary ads if not compliant. Welcome to the era of speed. Related, Google launches an Ad Experience report for pubs.
- The Luma Partners, State of Digital Media, 2017. Terry predicts the legitimization of content recommendations (see Slide 60). Agree.
- Native advertising for small businesses.
- Content at scale is making brands publishers in their own right.
- Native advertising and SEO.
- BuzzFeed CEO reminds pubs to play to their strengths. Branded content also “keeps you honest,” Peretti said. If people find it interesting and engaging they will share it, so you know you’re not just adding more bad advertising to the Internet.
- Rules for creating great native advertising.
- Google uncovered massive malware in Android apps which were clicking ads.
- Mary Meeker Internet Trends report is out. Rich insights, people talk about the FB/Google duopoly but not whats driving that. Ad growth was in mobile, guess which platforms are the easiest to buy mobile ads on? FB/Google. See Slide 11.
- GPDR is on the way. New EU regulations to unify approach to data privacy and security. A MUST read.
- With international tourism down, domestic tourism is going to see some investment. This week we have Hilton on Mashable. 5 unexpected travel destinations you can explore right here in the US.
- “Native ads are read, not just seen” – Dan Greenberg, CEO Sharethrough
- Why native ads are the new black. "Imran believes in the immense potential of native advertising in Southeast Asia. The reason is simple — within the next few years …. the next billion users are coming online for the very first time. However, he believes native advertising will not be done the same way in Southeast Asia as compared to how our western counterparts do it. Native advertising has to be localized to individual markets; quality content not only has to be seamless and sophisticated, it needs to be grounded in their local cultural context and language for any chance to be successful.”