This Week in Native Ads 11/3
Ben Young | November 3, 2017
Momentum seems to be building behind the idea, take what Facebook has taught marketers, mixing content + media – and back to the open web. Marketers are dusting off the tools, going, what’s out there?
And, according to this ShareThrough study, that consumers are too – demonstrating more trust in news direct from premium publishers. You may recall l last week a dip in programmatic buys.
And this MediaRadar data, the number of P&G brands buying direct grew 27% in Q2.
My take, dollars are on the move. And it’s fair game – for those that can show smart data backed, brand safe & transparent solutions.
i.e. everyone reading this newsletter. 🙂
Notable Stories this Week
- Vox improves content margins through performance gains in its own distribution. As everyone should, on the buy and sell side.
- TheDrum beefs up its content studio leadership with Rebecca Allen.
- Walmart mimics Amazons ad execution, but (of course) looking at physical retail sales.
- SnapChat opens up pixel tracking. Very smart.
- With new CRO, Bleacher Report refines its branded content playbook. And plays for the long haul.
- WPP invests in Fatherly. Note the language around consistent bets in technology, data and content.
Datapoints of note
- AdWeek has produced 218 thought leadership pieces so far this year. Source: AdWeek Newsletter.
- Consumers expressed three times higher distrust of headlines from Facebook thank The Guardian. –UK ShareThrough Study. PDF.
- Across ! 400 publishers, spend on buying traffic for branded content has roughly doubled year over year, according to Keywee.
- [Nov 7th, NY] Behind the creative curtain, branded content with Vox. – I’ll be there, let me know if you can swing by.
- Start getting ready for The Native Advertising Days, 8-10 November.