Marketing reports are used to provide a scorecard of performance. They help put a stake in the ground and go, for this body of work, here is how it performed.
- They can be used to keep an eye on progress, to allow for course corrections.
- As a demonstration of return on investment, we invested this much and here’s what we got in return.
- An insights and opportunity document, to find areas of growth for the business.
- As a KPI or means of providing feedback and/or scale to a marketing team.
- An enabler of continuous improvement for the team doing the work.
A marketing report really should deliver on all of these but it does highlight the many uses it can have.