Inbound marketing analytics is the process of measuring and collecting data on inbound marketing efforts. The analytics help decision makers understand the performance of efforts and help them to identify areas to concentrate on.
You may find these guides also helpful:
- Guide to Conversion Rate
- Guide to Content Marketing Analytics
- Guide to Bounce Rate and Guide to Scroll Depth
Why is inbound marketing analytics important?
What are the common inbound metrics?
Common inbound metrics marketers should think about:
- Attention, how long people are engaging for each click.
- Average Scroll, how are customers consuming the page and content.
- Engagement rate, what customers do on the page, and if they click out, to make a purchase, or sign up to webinar etc.
- Conversion rate, rate at which people take the desired action.
- Bounce rate, are people staying, but use a bounce rate that captures if people leave even without clicking a link. Like Nudge does.
These will help provide context for the inbound marketing performance and identify areas of improvement.
Example of an inbound analytics dashboard:
Inbound marketing analytics tools