Nudge captures an array of engagement metrics which help to sort through the noise of product usage and surface valuable insights.
- Revisit the Nudge features and metrics.
Product managers benefit from the out of the box analysis the Nudge provides. To get set up, we recommend trying to the default, then configuring any additional measurements to fine tune the data collection.
1. Drop the code on, to capture the initial dataset.
Nudge organises the data by URL, so by default you will get:
- An overview of all product usage
- A deep dive into each unique URL
- Insights, generated for all usage
This provides a great snapshot of how users are using your product. And should cover most initial use cases.
Extras to consider:
- The ‘People’ count helps in sorting the number of unique users.
- Attention helps to see how long people are spending on each view.
- Time to scroll and where do people drop off, makes heat maps more actionable.
- Filter on the Content view, to see what views are used by users the most.
2. Fine tune
Many users wish to fine tune their data collection. Adding extra events, to capture engagements on different product views.
Nudge lets you write events, to capture custom interactions. Ie use of a date selector, fire an event.
- Read the documentation on writing events.
- These events are attached to the URL they occur on. And the data is shown on their respective views in the dashboard.
it may be, depending on your app set up that you require extra config to break up the data by user.
- If you have unique URLs for each account, Nudge will already show this data. This means you can see how each customer is engaging.
- Alternatively, you can use the URL override, and write a url for each user, to see how they are engaging.
This gives you the balance of diving into a particular user and overall product usage metrics.
3. API Data Retrieval
Nudge lets you retrieve data via the API. Product managers use the API to help with reporting, or activate the data into other product views. View the docs here.
You can retrieve your API token from your account, click on profile picture top right, and then settings.
If you haven’t yet, sign up to Nudge. 70% of users get set up with 10 minutes. Product managers like the clarity it provides, out of the box analysis and the ability to build on top of the API. The engagement metrics enable product managers to see where and how their products are being used, and identify areas to improve. The easy to use dashboard means anyone on the team can log in to get insights, without needed deep analysis or tying up valuable analyst time.
Read more on: