It can depend on the type of content. Typically for a business, they’re creating content to help their customers through education.
In all cases, someone is reading and engaging with the content. So that’s a good place to start for metrics, seeing how people engage:
- Reach, how many people are we getting in front of
- Attention, how long people are engaging for each click.
- Average Scroll, how are customers consuming the page and content.
- Engagement rate, what customers do on the page, and if they click out, to make a purchase, or sign up to webinar etc.
- Conversion rate, rate at which people take the desired action.
- Bounce rate, are people staying, but use a bounce rate that captures if people leave even without clicking a link. Like Nudge does.
These help you form a view of how effective your content is at doing that.