There are a number of metrics that advertisers use to evaluate their native advertising. Often they are grouped into ‘pre-click’ and ‘post-click’ measures.
- Viewability, how long was the ad in view for
- Impressions, how many times was the ad served
- Frequency, how often did the target audience see the ads
- Attention, second by second, how long did they pay attention after clicking?
- Scroll, how far down did the scroll after clicking?
- Engagement, how engaged are they after clicking?
- Conversion rate, what rate did they convert.
For custom content, typically this is paired with more of the content marketing metrics you might expect.