Discrepancies between LinkedIn Ads and what you see on your Google Analytics (or any other analytics) is typical. But there are things you can do to reduce them.
The reasons for discrepancies can include:
- Accidental clicks
- People hit stop before the page has loaded, or close the tab
- People load the page but the analytics didn’t load before they left
- Too many scripts loaded by the destination page
A reasonable click discrepancy is >15%. If it is a lot higher you may want to adjust your campaign, either the settings, the creative or the destination page.
High discrepancies can be caused by:
- Slow page speed, make sure your page is fast to load.
- Mobile clicks, users tend to cancel more, experience slower network and/or leave before the page loads.