Here are some of the data points supporting the growth of branded content.
- Consumers are significantly more likely to understand why they’re shown native ads compared to ads on Facebook (57% vs 52%). – MarTech Advisor (August 7, 2019)
- This understanding extends to trust with 22% of consumers trusting native ads versus 17% trusting Facebook ads.
- 28% of consumers have clicked on native content in the past six months. Native Discoveries are considered educational, interesting, and relevant.
- [Via Sharethrough Study] Consumers are 25% more likely to look at a native ad than a banner ad.- What’s Next in Publishing (August 6, 2019)
- They look at them 53% more frequently and check them out 4.1 times per session on average, versus 2.7 for standard banners.
- [From the Branded Content Project study] “With one-third of respondents reporting margins over 50% and one-quarter seeing client retention rates over 80%, this data informs us that when sold to businesses that need to educate or inform local audiences, branded content can be a successful way to increase and diversify revenues”. – Adweek (June 11, 2019)
- People who read for 15 or more seconds are 25% more likely to recall a brand than those who read for 10 or fewer seconds. – Folio Mag (May 7, 2019)
For more supporting stats, there is a comprehensive post, always updated here..