Organic content is low hanging fruit, it already drives value for you, why not extend that a bit. Improving organic content is fairly straightforward, if you have the right analytics. You want to complete a bit of an audit, looking at what’s your top performing, lowest performing. Then looking at the different traffic sources, where customers come from, time of day, what devices. Long story short, it takes some diving into the data to see where the opportunities are.
Some metrics that be instructive:
- Reach, how many people are we getting in front of.
- Attention, how long people are engaging for each click.
- Average Scroll, how are customers consuming the page and content.
- Engagement rate, what customers do on the page, and if they click out, to make a purchase, or sign up to webinar etc.
- Conversion rate, rate at which people take the desired action.
- Bounce rate, are people staying, but use a bounce rate that captures if people leave even without clicking a link. Like Nudge does.
Looking at each piece of content, on this basis, will help find the right opportunities. It’s must easier to grow from where you are, than doing a whole new strategy from scratch. Even new strategies are informed by what you’ve already learnt.