There are adjacent skills that help improve analytics capability dramatically. And these are not necessarily technical but do inform better analysis and action taken from analysis.
- Developing the skill to explain results to non-technical folks, or in lame man terms.
- Linking results to business outputs, and highlighting the dials, that will make that meaningful.
- Doing predictions on upcoming initiatives, based off prior data.
- Building models, of expected results, against a budget
- Linking analytics through to strategic objectives and what is most important.
- Building benchmarks, an understanding of a minimum standard of performance.
Each of these, requires some work, but doing them – helps level up. Without requiring more technical knowledge.