What metrics you should track depends on what you are trying to do. Depending on your business objective, you will likely have a few metrics that are more important, or more nuanced for that.
However a common basket of metrics is:
- Reach, how many people are we getting in front of
- Attention, how long people are engaging for each click.
- Average Scroll, how are customers consuming the page and content.
- Engagement rate, what customers do on the page, and if they click out, to make a purchase, or sign up to webinar etc.
- Conversion rate, rate at which people take the desired action.
- Bounce rate, are people staying, but use a bounce rate that captures if people leave even without clicking a link. Like Nudge does.
This gives you an idea of how well customers are engaging with your digital experience. And can layer up to most business objectives.
An example of a nuanced objective, it might be your goal is to produce ‘more content’ so you have to measure that. And the aim of the content, is to get more reach, to drive more sales.