You general template for a marketing report should look like:
- Reiterate the objective
- The dates of analysis
- Screenshots of the work
- Summary of performance and timeline of content going live
- Identify any learnings/observations
- Recommendations for next time
This will make it particularly useful. If you are able to, you should do a couple of extra things, to make it stand out.
- Articulate the ROI of this initiative, we spent X and got Y.
- Make a prediction on the next piece of work, based on this, next month we expect Y.
This levels up the value of the analysis.
If you’re producing a lot of reports, make sure you have the right analytics to help you work through the data. Nudge enables you to get customer insights with ease, diving straight into how customers are engaging, what they’re paying attention to, where they’re coming from, on what devices. And then it makes analysts jobs easier by synthesizing the data into insights, so you can get from insight to action faster.