Marketers should consider some of these common metrics to understand performance:
- Reach, how many people are we getting in front of
- Attention, how long people are engaging for each click.
- Average Scroll, how are customers consuming the page and content.
- Engagement rate, what customers do on the page, and if they click out, to make a purchase, or sign up to webinar etc.
- Conversion rate, rate at which people take the desired action.
- Bounce rate, are people staying, but use a bounce rate that captures if people leave even without clicking a link. Like Nudge does.
SAAS startups have to fight to be efficient, they can’t grow being less efficient than their competitors, who are all bigger and more well resourced. So they have to be smart in finding pockets of performance that they can exploit. Analytics helps uncover these types of opportunities which may have been missed by their competitors.