Nudge. Nudge enables you to get customer insights with ease, diving straight into how customers are engaging, what they’re paying attention to, where they’re coming from, on what devices. And then it makes analysts jobs easier by synthesizing the data into insights, so you can get from insight to action faster.
Website analytics have to do a lot of heavy lifting these days. As the website is most businesses digital storefront, for customers to get information, to log in, to buy products. It’s not as simple as it used to be. But Nudge does make the analysis simple for website owners, with a quick install and very easy to use dashboard. Which has just the right metrics, to see how it is performing.
Some examples of these metrics:
- Attention, how long people are engaging for each click.
- Average Scroll, how are customers consuming the page and content.
- Engagement rate, what customers do on the page, and if they click out, to make a purchase, or sign up to webinar etc.
- Conversion rate, rate at which people take the desired action.
- Bounce rate, are people staying, but use a bounce rate that captures if people leave even without clicking a link. Like Nudge does.
Attention is vital for conversion, as attention goes up, so does conversion rate. So as an optimization metric it can be helpful for website owners to see how engaging their website is.