A lot of my coffee chats in the last week or so have been around, what is the long run for content?
In the long run, brand created content, distributed.
Or partner creator content, distributed.
In the long run – the best creators, powered by the best tech will win.
- Nasdaq is building a blockchain market for ad creatives. Yes, this is really neat.
Blockchain is confusing, to tldr it, it provides an open transparent transaction record, shared and validated by all parties. If it can be pulled off in digital advertising, it means a lot more transparency and ideally efficient advertising and transparency around where spend is going.
- The press needs (and deserves) all the friends it can get, from Sir Martin. Really good to see the commitment from WPP on supporting journalism.
- Whisper launches new tool to create articles from its user gen content. Doing revenue share with publishers.
- [Repeat post – but read if you haven’t] Publishers face growing pains.
- The vulnerabilities in native advertising by GeoEdge.
- Why you won’t see the dark future of native advertising coming.
Campaign of the Week
- [ Ecommerce Example ] ASOS on Bustle, this got a few votes in the office, reminding us of warmer weather around the corner. Fast loading, multiple calls to action and timely content.
- [ Finance/Investment Example ] This is so good. Divestment strategies for disruptive times. Timely – but also a good example of using an infographic to draw people back to your full research report on a brands owned asset.
- “Growth and comfort never coexist,” Ginni Rometty, IBM president and CEO, contended on Monday. “When you are most at risk, you are learning.” On a wider discussion around the pace of change in the industry.