All was quiet ahead of SxSW — it’s a beautiful blue sky here in NY as I pull together this weeks edition.
I have an ask — I’m collecting feedback on the newsletter, can you answer a couple of questions? Would appreciate any and all feedback.
On the publisher side — we’re seeing promising results with content studios start to hit hard realities of scale. DigiDay digs in to this a bit more. Without technology, native content can’t and won’t scale.
It’s an interesting challenge, we have agencies growing inside businesses not used to the model and/or how to manage it at scale.
I’ve been in that seat, the agency I co-founded in NZ grew 20% m/o/m. It’s combining culture, creative chops and technology! The latter part being that which enables slick, consistent and great work.
If you’re in this position, a great book to read is HBR on Business Model Innovation.
In terms of publishers replacing agencies? I think a new service offering opens up direct lines of business. But the role of the agency as a custodian of a brands objectives will still be needed. Think of it as a translation layer between the business and the market.
Also, Nudge has done a little product update. Read about our CommonSense Bot which helps remove user error from native campaigns.
- Instant Articles is increasing the ad load for publishers.
- Google Cloud launches their intelligence API. This creates awesome opportunities for video advertisers to break down and understand video performance. Neat stuff.
- AdsNative partners with FraudLogix.
- Publishers face content studio growing pains.
Campaign of the Week
- [B2B] The Trade Desk on The Drum — Why audio advertising could be your campaigns secret weapon.
- And ahead of St Patricks Day, here’s an early launched piece from Jameson on the origins of the day.
Datepoints of Note
- Swapping from square to rectangle native ads increased CTR by 20%.
Events & Webinars